PITTSTON, Penn.—This fall in Chicago, Emmy-nominated journalist Poppy Harlow will join The Lucy Hobbs Project in partnership with Cameo Dental Specialists in celebrating six women in dentistry. On October 3–5, The Blackstone Hotel will welcome Benco Dental’s 7th annual Lucy Hobbs Project Celebration; registration is currently open.
“Each year, The Lucy Hobbs Project celebrates the achievements of women in dentistry,” said Rachel Pugh, branding and communications manager for Benco Dental. “Our goal is to gather leaders in the profession to discuss relevant issues and overall well being. We want our guests to leave feeling uplifted, knowing they’ve gained insight to benefit their dental practice and themselves.”
The project will honor six women selected as award recipients for setting new benchmarks in the dental profession:
• Industry Icon Award, Linda Miles, speaker, consultant, author, asklindamiles.com, Estero, Florida
• Clinical Expert Award, Deborah V. George, DDS, executive vice president and chief dental officer, Jessie Trice Community Health System, Miami, Florida
• Humanitarian Award, Tesa Jolly, DDS, Dr. Tesa Jolly Family Dentistry, Pulaski, Tennessee
• Innovator Award, Cathy J. Grinham, RDH, public health dental hygienist, Visiting Dental Associates of Massachusetts, Assonet, Massachusetts
• Mentor Award, Carole Ann Palmer, Ed.D., RD, LDN, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
• Woman to Watch Award, Charmaine Ng, DMD, Healthright360, San Francisco, California
Powered by Benco Dental and 10,000 members strong, The Lucy Hobbs Project encourages dental professionals to become part of the movement that is changing the face of dentistry through networking, innovation and giving back. Named for Dr. Lucy Hobbs Taylor, the woman who, in 1866, became the first American female to earn a degree in dentistry, this national project aims to bring women together from all facets of the dental profession—dentists, dental assistants, hygienists, receptionists, sales representatives and others.
Three days of events, with a focus on “Mind+Body+Soul,” will include panel discussions, continuing education credits, and opportunities to give back, while inviting the project’s members—and all women in dentistry—to “Achieve Your Personal Best Balance, at Home & Work.”
To attend the 7th Annual Celebration of Women in Dentistry, host a regional event, or take part in a Lucy Hobbs Project YOU event at a dental school, contact event coordinator Ali Riviello at 570-602-7068 or email@example.com.
To learn more about previous winners of The Lucy Hobbs Project Award or to sign up, visit lucyhobbscelebration.com.