Know What’s Best For You: In-Office Versus Over-The-Counter Whitening Treatment
Who wants to have brighter, whiter teeth? According to recent sales figures, nearly everybody does.
While whitening treatment is one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments available, it is equally popular for the consumers who prefer at-home options. Today’s article explores your options: Professional whitening versus Over-The-Counter whitening.
Know The Difference Between The Two
In-office whitening is performed by dental professionals using a very high concentration whitening gel or a high dosage of hydrogen peroxide. It usually takes several sessions of 15 to 30 minutes per visit to achieve the desired result.
What To Expect During In-Office Teeth Whitening
- Enjoy a comfortable experience as you just sit back and relax while your dentist works on your teeth. All you have to do is show up for your appointments.
- Preparations such as clearing away plaque and debris will be done before the treatment.
- Excellent tooth and gum health will be ensured by a thorough examination.
- Results are visible right away due to the use of high concentration whitening gel and dosage of hydrogen peroxide.
- Dentists will ensure that your gums, lips, and cheeks are protected so there is little to no irritation.
What’s The Catch?
Since in-office whitening uses a high concentration whitening gel and hydrogen peroxide, patients are subject to the dentist’s discretion on frequency. Also, this professional treatment comes at a high cost. The price of in-office whitening ranges from $450 to $650 per visit.
Over-the-counter whitening, on the other hand, is a do-it-yourself procedure. This usually serves as an alternative to professional solutions. This is available at drug stores and some supermarkets.
Why Do So Many People Use Over-The-Counter Whitening?
Besides the fact that this treatment is user-friendly, it also saves quite a bit of money. Patients can find it easily at drugstores, supermarkets, and online.
Disadvantages Of This Method
The trays that come along with over-the-counter kits are not custom-made, meaning, it may not perfectly fit the contour of your mouth and can leave tissue unprotected and irritated. There is also a chance for consumers to overuse this product due to a lack of supervision and guidance. And since this treatment uses less concentrated whitening gel, results will take a little longer.
Ultimately, teeth whitening can be achieved through both methods. However, it’s advisable to speak to your dentist first and know what suits your dental health condition best. Whether you choose the professional whitening treatment or the over-the-counter treatment, you still have to know what works best for your teeth.
GLO Personal Teeth Whitening Device: Bringing A Chairside Treatment To Your Home
When it comes to the topic of teeth whitening, you might have heard professional advice to always do your whitening in-office rather than at-home. But with GLO whitening device treatment, the professional elements for teeth whitening are now available in a kit for you wherever you are.
The GLO Personal Teeth Whitening Device Kit Includes:
- Mouthpiece and case: these hold the gel in place on your teeth while LED technology expedites the whitening process.
- 10 whitening gel vials: these are teeth whitening gels that are specially formulated to whiten teeth without causing pain or sensitivity.
- Control (with lanyard): this serves as the control to the on/off mouthpiece during the procedure.
- Lipcare: this prevents your lips from becoming way too dry during the treatment.
- Custom case
- User manual
Steps For Using The GLO Personal Teeth Whitening Device Kit:
- Put enough Lip Care on your lips for protection.
- Open one (1) whitening gel vial and apply a thin layer to the top and bottom teeth, fronts only.
- Insert the mouthpiece and click the timer on your GLO control. The mouthpiece will light up and slowly rise in temperature.
- After 8 minutes, the device will shut off. This indicates that you have to re-apply the gel for the next 8-minute session.
Reminders In Using GLO Personal Teeth Whitening Device Kit:
- Make sure to fully charge the control before using it the next day.
- Each treatment per day totals 32 minutes, divided into four sessions. (8 minutes per session)
- No need to rinse your mouth after every session. Repeat the steps until there’s no more gel in the vial or you have finished the 32-minute session.
- The kit should last at least 12 weeks.
- The best result is only after 5 to 10 consecutive days. Use in moderation.
- Although the kit is available to all, it is still advisable to consult with your dentist first. GLO Personal Teeth Whitening Device can be used by those who have healthy teeth, meaning, no decay or other oral health conditions. Pregnant and breastfeeding moms are also advised not to use this in order to avoid any complications.
- The GLO Personal Teeth Whitening Device Kit is worth investing in. For $220, you bring out the best in your teeth without compromising your oral health. Purchase now through direct GLO distributor Benco Dental.
Teeth Whitening Treatment Works— but Not for Everyone
For the past three years, almost 45 million Americans (14% of the population) had professional teeth whitening treatment, and a large portion were women. An average of one billion dollars is spent annually to whiten teeth. Why? Because people tend to believe that it makes their smile more attractive.
Everyone wants it, but not all get it. Whether you want a professional service or at-home whitening treatment kits, not everyone is allowed to undergo whitening treatments. Here are some of the reasons why:
- It only brings out the natural color of your teeth
While some people are fortunate enough to have naturally dazzling white teeth, some are off-white, and some are yellowish in nature. This treatment can only remove the stains and restore its natural color.
- It won’t work on veneers and other cosmetic bonding materials
In these cases, any whitening treatment won’t work. However, it will help remove stains and return teeth to their original color.
- It is better to clean before you whiten
It will be a waste of time, effort and money if you try to whiten your teeth without first cleaning them. Desired results may not be achievable and at the same time, it is very unhealthy.
- It is not recommendable when you have gum disease
Health is more important than appearance. Whitening treatments can cause irritation or discomfort for those who have gum disease. If your gums are red, swollen or bleeding, hold off on the whitening.
- It brings pain to those who have broken filling and cavities
Whether it is over-the-counter or professional whitening treatment, first take care of those broken fillings and cavities before undergoing the procedure. When whitening gel/solutions leak on the damaged part of your teeth, it can cause considerable discomfort and pain to the user.
So before grabbing those whitening kits or going through a professional whitening procedure, seek your dentist’s advice first, since they would know what’s best for your dental health.
GLO Whitening LED Mouthpiece: How It Brings Out The Best In Your Teeth
GLO (Guided Light Optic) Brilliant Teeth Whitening Kit (for professionals and at-home) has become one of the most sought after and most effective products/services both for dentists and patients. This is because GLO technology brings science and innovation together to deliver an exceptional product and service, both for professional and at-home whitening treatments.
With whitening treatment, impressions and trays are things of the past. The GLO LED mouthpiece delivers exceptional results by whitening your teeth faster and easier. GLO has even been proven to make your teeth five times whiter and brighter than usual.
How Does It Work?
This mouthpiece has a closed system wherein the light and heat accelerate the reaction rate of the whitening gel. It also shortens the required length of time per session into just 8 minutes, with less chance of having sensitivity. On top of that, it is safe for your gums and other soft tissues.
Facts about GLO Whitening LED Mouthpiece
- Not for sharing
When your dentist uses in-office GLO Whitening Treatment, the mouthpiece can be rinsed between uses with warm water. Afterward, they can let you take it home for your own use.
- Totally safe
The blue light coming from the mouthpiece is guaranteed safe. It has a 470 nanometers wavelength blue LED light. More than that, the product is latex-free.
- No overheating
The heat level of the device is controlled to gently warm up to its ideal temperature.
Grab your own GLO Whitening Treatment kit via trusted dental supply distributors like Benco Dental. See for yourself how effective and efficient the GLO Whitening LED Mouthpiece is!